thanks, there's nothing left but to actaiully try it.

On 6/4/06, Scott Hyndman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I'm understandung this...
> You add the IDE generated swf (IDE.swf) to the project. You then
> create an external class that has a 'main' entry point  and it loads
> the IDE.swf. (with a preloader of course).

Correct

> Do I have this right? Sounds good, though the test will be can I
> impliment it myself. You could also break IDE.swf into several
> library1.swf, library2.swf and load them seperately, to spread out the
> load, couldn't you?

No, unfortunately not. Assets are only available to use from the
closest loaded parent. Let me explain with a little picture.

shell.swf (where all your classes most likely reside)

|-----assets.swf (loaded by shell.swf)

           |-------movieclips that can access assets.swf library

           |-------assets2.swf

                        |--------movieclips that can access
assets2.swf (but not assets.swf)

It's limited by this parent cut-off idea, but it is still very useful
for getting IDE generated assets into my MTASC generated projects.

You can split this up a bit further even by including your classes in
a separate swf. The limitations shown above do not apply to loaded
classes. As soon as they are loaded, they are available.

Hope this helps,
Scott

Weldon MacDonald