look at System.exactSettings

Setting this to true will cause the player to use the full domain. So say
if someone went to your site and used www.yoursite.com to get there,
that's the directory it will use.  Then if someone else used yoursite.com,
it would use yoursite.com as the path.  This could cause problems for
your code unless you redirected someone that used yoursite.com to
www.yoursite.com.  To avoid all this, set exactSettings to false.  Then,
weather they used the www or not wouldn't matter it'll use yoursite.com
in all cases.

I believe this is the rule you were looking for. Do look into the documentation
for System.exactSettings.  Where you use this setting in your code makes
a difference.  It should be done before anything else in your movie to work
and if your loading another swf in your movie it will use the setting of the
calling swf and not what you might have set in the sub swf.

Hope this helps :)