Mark,

This was helpfull, thanks!

Dimitrios

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Lapasa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 4:30 PM
Subject: RE: [FlashCoders] Flash player NSIS installation

Hi Dimitrios,

I have experience with NSIS and Flash in the past. The greatest asset at
your disposal is reading the NSIS docs to wrap your head around a language
that is far from AS2. To me, it looked/felt like VB or Assembly. The other
great asset is the Nullsoft forums which chances are someone else has
probably asked the same question and there already is an answer.

Here is an excerpt of a bigger script where upon start up, it will check if they have the player installed when they try to install the desktop app....

Function .onInit
 Push $R0
 ClearErrors
 ReadRegStr $R0 HKCR "CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}" ""
 IfErrors flash_NOT_installed
    ; Skip to 'flash_installed' label
 Goto flash_installed
 flash_NOT_installed:
 ; Prompt User To Install Flash Plugin
MessageBox MB_ICONINFORMATION|MB_OK "This program requires the Adobe Flash
Player. Before using $(^Name), please download and install the latest
version at http://www.adobe.com";
 flash_installed:
FunctionEnd

Good luck!