So I had some weirdness publishing a file that I just got back from a client who had someone swap an entire new graphic interface, but left my code intact. I had some movieclips with some linkage ID, and they had a class associated with them that I wrote to make them act like buttons. Also, I had some components like the drop down menu component, and others.

Anyway I was publishing....some of my stuff didn't work anymore. I thought this was the client breaking things. I decided to publish to flash 8 (I was publishing to flash 6), to see if I got different results. Well it worked. Then I published to 6 again. It worked again! So now I can publish to 6 no problem for some reason. But, when I publish to 8, I get a weird error message:

**Warning** The linkage identifier 'standardsBtn' was already assigned to the symbol 'btns/standardsBtn', and cannot be assigned to the symbol 'btns/standardsBtn', since linkage identifiers must be unique.

Can anyone explain? If I had duplicate symbols, I can very much see why the things that didn't work weren't working before. But it seems to be saying that my duplicates are the originals themselves!! My explanation is that my library is screwy. But i'd appreciate a more technical explanation!
Thanks very much!
ben