Same problem for me was caused by ZoneAlarm. The MP3 would get downloaded into cache. It would also play directly in the browser using Windows Media Player. But it wouldn't play in Flash until I disabled ZoneAlarm and eventually tweaked the ZoneAlarm settings (sorry, I don't recall what I changed in ZoneAlarm).

- Marc