[Tip: Try hitting "New Message" in your emailer instead of "Reply", because otherwise your new subject can get buried in archives or threaded emailers.]

I've seen enough individual reports of "adobe site slow" to suspect there's a real cause, even though most of us don't see such a thing.

Good stuff for reproduction includes (a) browser brand/version/platform; (b) page address and time elapsed; (c) traceroute/DNS of your connection to know where the info is passing and which server is delivering; (d) whether it persists across a system restart.

Let me check around the office right now, too, to see if we've got any leads on "slow player download"... if you're seeing 4.8kbps then others are likely too, and we've got ot identify the difference and fix it.

I read somewhere recently where the Adobe site has
fully completed its integration of the Macromedia site

No, there was just a second major milestone of site integration, as the Macromedia web team pulled together the thousands of pages of both sites, many of which were translated into multiple languages. Lots more work to do.
http://weblogs.macromedia.com/dhatch/archives/2006/05/i_wanted_to_tal.cfm
http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd/archives/2006/04/mmcom_1995-2006.cfm

jd