Hello :)

You can use "Reflexion algorithm" to search the namespace and the name of
the calling class :)

For example in Vegas, i use my ConstructorUtil class with getName(instance)
, getPackage(instance) or getPath(instance) methods :)

You can read the code here :

http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/AS2/trunk/src/vegas/util/ConstructorUtil.as

For example :

import vegas.util.ConstructorUtil ;

var u = new myNameSpace.User("eka") ;
trace( ConstructorUtil.getName(u) ) ; // return User
trace( ConstructorUtil.getPath(u) ) ; // return myNameSpace.User
trace(ConstructorUtil.getPackage(u)) ; // return myNameSpace

EKA+ :)

More Information about VEGAS in OSFlash : http://osflash.org/vegas