-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mason
Wendell
Sent: 30 June 2006 15:36
To: Flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] exporting dynamic swf art to other apps

Hey all,

I'm generating art in actionscript that I need to export from my swf and
bring into Illustrator or Photoshop for final tweaks before sending it
out
to a large format printer. I know you can export from the IDE but since
everything I'm using is dynamic I can't use those functions.

My current best method is to print the swf to a pdf from the player and
open
that pdf in Illustrator. Unfortunatly I lose all my alpha and filter
data in
this process, and since I might have 1000 or more instances in my export
those values are nearly impossible to recreate. I've tried adjusting the
pdf
settings but I haven't found the right combo yet.

Does anybody here know of a method to export still frames (I'm not
trying to
export video or motion here) from the swf in a vector format?

This issue has been nagging me for quite a while now, and I haven't
found
any tutorials or tips online on how to do it. I'd really appreciate any
feedback from this forum. Thanks a lot.

-=Mason