Unfortunately, putting in more interface elements would only confuse
the issue - we're writing software for young kids here, and they need
a minimum of extra interface fluff in the way. But again, thanks for
the suggestion.

As I posted previously - I have actually found a solution. :-)

Cheers,
 Ian

On 7/7/06, Michael Stuhr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ian Thomas schrieb:
> Hi folks,
>   I have a situation where my app doesn't work on a PC with no sound
> card installed, because I depend on onSoundComplete for a couple of
> synchronised triggers and (guess what) onSoundComplete is never called
> if the machine doesn't have a sound card. Not unexpected, I guess.
>
>   However, unfortunately System.capabilities.hasAudio doesn't report
> false. I assume it only returns false for builds of a player that
> doesn't have audio (for example, handhelds and so forth).

you cant do that natively. but what is so bad about a simple button that
plays a sound and asks the user if he heard it?

micha