1- More control over which glyphs are included.
You're right that it is possible to include only the required glyphs with swfmill.

2- Works with faux bold and faux italic.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a "faux" ?

3- This is the main reason why I'll use the 2 SWF
method over the single SWF method... The 2 SWF methods
loads a lot faster in the tests I did. With the one
SWF method, the SWF is loaded (let's say it's 15kb)
and then it seems to reload the 15kb before the shared
font becomes available. But in the 2 SWF method, the
SWF gets loaded immediately and the 15KB are only
loaded once just before the shared font becomes
available.
The shared lib isn't loaded twice.
You just have to wait for a delay frame, in order to use it.
That's all.

Thanks fro this interesting review.