ActionScript 3.0 overview
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/actionscript/articles/actionscript3_overview.html

Programming ActionScript 3.0
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/2/docs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?href=Part5_ProgAS.html

ActionScript 3.0 Language Reference
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/2/langref/index.html

I've found these to be great references, and I believe they're really the
only ones available.
Colin Moock is writing an AS3 reference as well, though I don't know when
it's scheduled to come out.

Tyler

On 7/10/06, Tom Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hey andreas you say AS3 isn't a difficult language to learn for as2'ers,
is
there any comprehensive books or courses out yet I could dive into?

On 10/07/06, Andreas Rønning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hardly benchmarks, but you can get a quick comparison in flashplayer 9:
>
> http://andreas.rayon.no/AS2.swf
>
> Press the 3-key on your keyboard to load the most complex system,
> observe the BREAKNECK SPEED at which Flash player 8 handles it.
>
> http://andreas.rayon.no/AS3.swf
>
> I rest my case :)
>
> - Andreas
>

> Nick Weekes wrote:
> > Andreas, you got any links to your benchmarking?  Id be interested to
> see
> > them (Im not planning on migrating to AS3 just yet).

Andreas