Hi,

This is really simple question but I can't seem to dig up an answer. "copy paste flash firefox" seems to match everything but what I need on Google. So sorry in advance for bringing up this topic which must have been covered before.

WTF is the problem with pasting text into the flash player on Firefox. I have an application that requires users to copy in a string for translation. Works fine on IE, but on latest version of Firefox running on XP or 2000Pro the keyboard shortcut to paste text from the clipboard won't work. Not unless you press it twice, then you get the text twice...

TextField, TextArea or TextInput component it make no difference, and I get the same thing when calling the swf from a html page or directly, eg. mydomain/test.swf. Right click paste works but I can hardly ask my users to do that now.

Any leads appreciated. Links, work arounds, anything.

Oh, the swf is compiled for the flash 7 player.

Thanks in advance.

Tony