> I wonder if someone would be willing to help me off-list with a math
> problem or can refer me to a more appropriate person/list to ask this
> question:
>
> I have a photograph of a rectangle where the camera was slightly
> off-center and not parallel to the plane of the rectangle, so in the
> resulting photo, the rectangle is slightly distorted. I want to distort
> the image by repositioning the corner points of the photograph so that
> the interior rectangle is precisely positioned and sized.
>
> 1) I know the size of the photo,
> 2) I know the coordinates of the rectangle's corners in the photo
> 3) I know the coordinates where I want the rectangle's corners to be
> after the transformation.
>
> I need to know the new coordinates of the photo's corners to achieve #3.

Just an addendum to my previous email: I didn't think it through properly.
My note about the affine transformations said it all: I forgot perspective.

I don't have time right now to think about the full answer, which may
involve a 4x4 matrix (in order to take into account the third dimension).
But there's probably an easier solution.

Danny