Hello,

I am a flash developer, with basic understanding of OOP, but not very
in-depth. I've built a few flash apps in Flash MX and Flash 8, and now I
want to challenge myself and build a big RIA. I want to do it right though,
from the start. Where should I start? Can anyone point me to some code
resources?

And should I be using flex now instead of Flash? I'm sure that question has
been asked more than once, can someone point me in the right direction for
the answer?

The app I am building will be like an Home layout app. So people will be
able to drag and drop objects into a room, and resize, rotate and move them
to create the room. The objects will all have their own set of properties
that can be edited to change color, shapes, etc. I have never built anything
this complex. Where can I learn more about building these type of UI
components and how I should structure classes so that functionality like
drag & drop, resize, snap-to etc, can be shared between the UI components?
And can this all be done with Flex?

Any help or pointers in the right direction are appreciated. Thank you!!

BrookD