Hi,
i think there are different option, but havent tested them all:
1. like you said commenting out , not preferable
2. use trace statements, so you can omit them on export
3. use trace in conjuction with mtasc
4. exclude your logger class during compilation (in flash or mtasc)
5. make your logger statically disabled
6. pass some kind of NullLogger to your static Logger (assuming your logger
is static)
7. use a static debug flag as bart said. Tedious but it would increase
performance prob:)

If any of these are wrong ,plz correct:)

I am a few weeks away from releasing a new logging api which you can use to
wrap Xray, Luminic, Trace, your own etc.
Some of its features are:
- different consumers (xray etc)
- automatic addition of classnames and method calls, eg you use
Logger.log("boo"); and the console shows :
MyClass.myMethod->boo;
- filtering based on levels (log, info, debug)
- filtering based on instance classes (eg only print info from the MyClass
class)
- serializing and deserializing complete logger configurations, eg a very
extensive logger during development could be replaced with a nulllogger in
production. However, excluding the class might still be the best, im not
sure, any ideas?

Note that it is mostly a hobby project, and not in any way meant to be the
next big thing:), but i like it a lot hehehe. More information coming on it
soon....

greetz
Hans

On 7/19/06, eric dolecki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A stylized scarab beetle :)

On 7/18/06, Aaron Buchanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Silver/grey with a funny lookin "f"?

> On 7/18/06 4:19 PM, "eric dolecki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > i think mine has the sweetest logo for any debugger I have ever
seen...

> > On 7/18/06, Aaron Buchanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> And does it have a cool logo? Huh?
> >>
> >> Hehe.

flashcoders-