I've been using Flash to play back bird songs from amy website. By generating some MP3's at half or quarter speed (with commensurate drop in pitch) I can demonstrate some fascinating detail in bird songs that's otherwise missed by the human ear.

Now if I could just modify the MP3 headers on-the-fly (with server side file manipulation), I could let Flash slow down any MP3's without having to generate and store separate versions of the sound file on the server.

Anybody know of tools to modify MP3 header info on the fly? Sort of like creating thumbnails of images using PHP?

Marc Hoffman