Remove and delete are essentially synonymous.

Backspace and Delete, Enter and Return...which is right?  :)

Well, if you want to get into the semantics, return and enter are different, and backspace and delete are different. Enter just means "execute", while return actually means "carriage return + line feed". Backspace means "move the cursor back a space, deleting any character that may be in that position", while delete means "delete the character in the current cursor position".

Remove and delete aren't synonymous, and I think remove is much better suited to what is happening in the function. Without looking at the function or reading any documentation, I would assume that a delete method destroyed the object, not just removed it from the array. An Array.delete function should really delete the array.

ryanm