Exactly the problem I encountered a few days ago - but no solution to it
yet. The only clue I have is that in the testing environment both
onLoadComplete and onLoadInit were successfully working. It was when I tried
launching either a standalone projector or the swf independently, that the
onLoadInit became erratic - it would fail on certain pages and not on
others. I am loading external swfs as page content using movieClipLoader,
and I know it isn't the page content or size, because all are identical (
small files of about 15k with exactly the same content). I have tried using
delegates and cleaning the Listener and Loader (removing and deleting, then
recreating) up completely after each load - same result. The answer is out
there somewhere .

T Fairfield