From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jerome Cordiez
Sent: 28 July 2006 09:47
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: [Flashcoders] FLVPlayback connectionError

Hello,

I finally decided to expose my problem to this list, after seeking a
solution for days... Finding out people had the same issues, but no
solutions.

The problem : I have an FLVPlayback component on the stage, which is
supposed to playback some videos... The tricky part being sometimes the
videos don't exist, and then a default picture should be displayed instead.

The bug : everytime the component tries to load a non-existing flv, it
goes into connectionError state (normal), non-responsive... The abnormal
part being it's not possible afterwards to make that component return in
a responsive state, load another flv, etc....

Doing research, I found out others faced the same issue, but i haven't
seen any solutions... Except one work-around maybe : attaching the
component programmaticaly. Doing so solves the "non-responsive" state
part of the problem, but it makes other issues arise, such as strange
statebchanges (while buffering, the component goes into various states :
stopped, playing, etc... making the playPauseButton blink for exemple)...

So well... Before getting into the writing of my own video player (not
very complicated anyway, but you know... :)), has anyone found a
solution/workaround for what seems to be a pretty annoying bug?

Thank you very much,
best regards,
Jerome.