I'm going crazy with this. Hopefully, I'm just missing something stupid.

Weird getURL behavior in my Flash 8 player.  Is there any reason why a
Flash file here:

http://loerepository/evaluationGallery/myFlashFile.swf

Would not be able to link to this:

http://loerepository/evaluationGallery/EARS_L3_Interview.doc

????

Same domain, same folder!  Ah, this is so freaking aggravating.  It was
working fine just a week ago.  We did recently move the flash file and
the linked-to doc to a new server... is there something about a URL that
doesn't have www.mypage.com in it?  I didn't think so... so anyway I am
just using:

getURL("EARS_L3_Interview.doc", "_blank");

or, I also tried the absolute path:

getURL("http://loerepository/evaluationGallery/EARS_L3_Interview.doc";,
"_blank");

(note, don't try that paths above, it's on an intranet site and will
fail for you)

it does pop up a new window, but the window says,

"Action canceled
Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The
page might be temporarily unavailable."

HOWEVER, the file IS there and available:  if I put the path to the
browser address bar directly, it works fine!!!  What's up with that?
Why would getURL only fail in Flash?  My worst fear is there is some
security thing on the server the admins changed which is blocking my
access from Flash.  Ideas?

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning & Organization Effectiveness - Technology Solutions