I'm trying to handle a dynamic 'fill in the blanks' type of interaction -
where the client does not have advanced knowledge of the question content
('blank' keywords will be delimited in some way).

I've experimented with solution that, to this point, is working beautifully.
I colour the word-of-interest different than the rest of the content,
capture as a bitmap object, then determine the rect of the colored area. I
cycle through each key word and voila! I know exactly where to place my
drag-to boxes...

r o b