I am new to using the xmlsocket class. Is it possible to use ruby and xml returned from an rxml builder template to get data from a server and pull it into flash.

I am testing with rss structured xml that is generated within ruby by going to localhost:3000/search/feed. I want to pull that xml into flash using the xmlsocket class. I used the following code to test this but the onXML callback is never fired. Can somebody help explain how xmlsockets work?

var socket = new XMLSocket();

var connected:Boolean = socket.connect("http://localhost:3000/search/ feed", 12345);
        var myXML:XML = new XML();

        myXML.onLoad = function( success:Boolean ){
                trace("xml loaded into object");
                trace(myXML);
        }

        if(!connected){trace("could not connect");} else {trace("connected");}

        socket.onXML= function( xml:XML){
                trace("xml feed received");

                myXML = xml;
                trace("xml contents " + myXML);