Well

In the reference manual there is this example for the very start in

It draw 2 rectangle as BitmapDat and then copy from one to another .....   If
you suppose that one was the result of client actions you could copy part of it
....  but if you mean to get some file/image at client side, grabbing som part
from it or grabbing its screens and then upload to the server Í suppose you are
going to need somethink link Zinc ou ScreenWeaver to extend your flash app.
import flash.display.BitmapData;
import flash.geom.Rectangle;
import flash.geom.Point;
var bitmapData_1:BitmapData = new BitmapData (100, 80, false, 0x00CCCCCC);
var bitmapData_2:BitmapData = new BitmapData (100, 80, false, 0x00FF0000);
var mc_1:MovieClip = this.createEmptyMovieClip ("mc", this.getNextHighestDepth
());
mc_1.attachBitmap (bitmapData_1, this.getNextHighestDepth ());
var mc_2:MovieClip = this.createEmptyMovieClip ("mc", this.getNextHighestDepth
());
mc_2.attachBitmap (bitmapData_2, this.getNextHighestDepth ());
mc_2._x = 101;
mc_1.onPress = function ()
{
 bitmapData_2.copyPixels (bitmapData_1, new Rectangle (0, 0, 50, 80), new Point
(51, 0));
};
mc_2.onPress = function ()
{
 bitmapData_1.copyPixels (bitmapData_2, new Rectangle (0, 0, 50, 80), new Point
(51, 0));
};

Informit as a lot of usefull start links

http://www.informit.com/guides/content.asp?g=flash&seqNum=337&rl=1