I want this because I want to separate code from viewing assets, and import
different templates.
I feel your pain Bart. Unfortunately it's a no can do:

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/mx2004/main_7_2/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Flash_MX_2004&file=00001519.html

Do a text search for "library" and scan the page,  you should get the idea.
I want for example to put my video object on the scope of my imported assets
so I can mask my video object. I want to use a mask of the imported assets
and I want to put some imported assets like a shadow border on top of my
video. This is only possible if I get my video object on the same scope as
the imported assets or if I get the assets that I want on top of the video
object in a different movieclip (duplicatemovieclip).
I see what you mean. I think it'd take some serious monkey business to make that work.

Tony