Arul Prasad M L wrote:

<snip>
If its mx.core.UIObject's destroyObject that you are talking about,
destroyObject takes the instanceName of the object, not the instance
reference. you'll just have to pass the instance name as a string.
<snip>

I did in fact realize that this morning once I read up more on the destroyObject function.

I did get it working (to a point).

Now for some reason the command is working to remove my component loader instances, but not my buttons. I think it would be important to mention that my button instances are NOT a component button. They are simply a regular button (transparent) that is attached from the library with a linkage identifiers. So I just need to get them destroyed as well. I suspect there is a different command to do that since they are not components.... I am searching, but have not yet found out how to... so if anyone knows - it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!