hi,
maybe using mx.events.EventDispatcher could help
i'm probably wrong, but have you tried ?

class A {
     function onRollOver() {
          doTheRollOver();
          dispatchEvent({type:"onRollOver", target:this});
     }

    function doTheRollOver() {
       // do somtehing here....

class B {

 function B() {
    var a:A = new A();
    a.addEventListener("onRollOver", Delegate.create(this, onRollOver));
 }

 function onRollOver(e:Object) : Void {
   // do something else here