I have a datagrid populated with a dataprovider.  I add items to the
dataprovider with the following type of statement:
dataprovider.addItem({u:{label:clearUser, role:clearRole},
uState:clearState, sel:false, data:l});

I can sort according to "uState" no problem with the following:
dataprovider.sortItemsBy("uState", Array.CASEINSENSITIVE);

I'm having trouble sorting according to "u".
dataprovider.sortItemsBy("u.role","u.label", Array.CASEINSENSITIVE);

This doesn't seem to work.  Should I access the "u" object differently?

Thanks,
Brandon