hi micheal,

you have to declare that property inside your class before you can access it

class linker extends MovieClip {

         var theClip:MovieClip;

         function linker() {
               trace(theClip);

cheers

On 8/11/06, Mendelsohn, Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi list...

I'm trying to access a mc within a mc in my class as follows:

class linker extends MovieClip {
       function linker() {
               trace(theClip);

The linker clip is on the stage, and there's a mc within it called
theClip.  I get the error "There is no property with the name
'theClip'."  What am I missing to access it?

Thanks,
- MM