> he was able to publish as 7, so he's having some other issue and I'm
> willing to bank that he is experiencing memory waste (a leak is
> different) ...

No: the flash player is able to correctly delete the memory when I
minimize then maximize the window. If I was still somehow holding on to
a pointer to the memory (which was my original thought too) it would not
be able to do that.

Or in other words, whatever additional clean-up it does when I minimize
the window it should be doing when running normally, every 10 seconds or
something. It doesn't, even after running for hours. Therefore I
describe it as a bug.

It sounds like Flash 9 may have fixed that bug; hopefully my client will
request a Flash 9 version and I can find out for sure.

Darren