Also, look into __resolve.

The Flash docs have excellent examples.

Jim Kremens

On 8/11/06, Jeroen Beckers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just to be complete: Yes, it is possible!

Example:

var myFoo = new Foo();
myFoo["test"+5] = function()
{
    trace("hello world!");
}
myFoo.test5();

//Foo.as
dynamic class Foo
{

}

And to your second question:

Delegate returns a function. Setting the onRelease to
'Delegate.create()' is nothing more than setting the onRelease to an
ordinary function like this:
btn.onRelease = function()
{
trace("Hello World");
}

the only thing Delegate do, is modifie the scope of the function.
So, yes, you CAN overwrite 'delegate instances'.

Ps: "Delegate instances" isn't even the right term since you don't
create an instance of the Delegate class. The 'create' method is a
static method that just takes some arguments and returns a function.

Got it ? :)

Bbt Lists wrote:
> Hi there....
>
> Can you write dynamic methods in a class?
>

> for example
>
> for (var i:Number = 0; i < 11; i++)
> {
>    function onBtnPress + i()
>    {
>       trace("Button number: " + i + "was pressed");
>    }
> }
>
> So then that would essentially create 10 methods (onBtnPress0 to
> onBtnPress9) to be used by various onPress events.
>
> Is this possible? Then at the same time you could write the delegate
> and create the buttons and so one as well.
>
> Then continuing on my thought - could you then over-write the
> onBtnPress functions with new values (say for example the trace would be:
>
> trace("Button number: " + i + "was pressed with the currValue of " +
> externalVariable);
>
> instead of the original:
>
> trace("Button number: " + i + "was pressed");
>

> I am a hobby AS coder, and I am probably way off here. All I am trying
> to do is build a thumbnail nav for a gallery.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Jim Kremens