The first thing to understand is that AS2 uses the same bytecode as AS1. i.e. AS2 if just AS1 with pretty makeup and a new hairdo.

This page might help you understand more about __proto__ , .prototype and all the weird stuff we did that is thankfully in the past (most of the time) :)

http://www.debreuil.com/docs/ch01_Proto.htm

Helmut Granda wrote:
Erixtekila,

Thanks for the link, I have read the site serveral times during the day
trying to figure this out. but one of the things I saw is that the code
above only helps if you are exporting for flash 5. I still dont understand
what this was used since the program that this piece of software powers was
made with flash MX and export to flash7 so something else could have been
used instead.

Thanks again!