I am trying to create a math's "Fraction" object that can relate to various realities in which in can apply itself. Does anyone know of any detailed examples of state diagrams and activity diagrams? Under images on google I have searched for "State Diagram" etc but I need deep, practical examples if I am going to understand how to create my classes.

John

I know state diagrams have been used longer that many other UML diagrams since they are applicable to non OOP - I have a old C book which I found in the basement which has a state chart for 'writing ascii to a magnetic drive' program.

the UML book I have 'Appying UML and Patterns' (link in previous email) calls them 'statechart diagrams' and has 10 page chapter which goes through a couple of examples, an EPOS system and a telephone exchange.

there are some links at the bottom of this page
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_diagram>

Are you saying your object would have a sort of intellegence as to when it is needed?

Happy to talk more, but maybe this is not actionscript related enough for the list,

does anyone know of a UML and Flash list?, I can set one up at Yahoo groups, that way we could use the images section on the web page to upload UML diagrams...

James