Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 1:00 AM
Subject: Re: [FlashCoders] Local storage warning

Thanks eric,

Yes, they only see it for the first time.
As this is a downloadable app, it's not about a specific domain
but rather "Local".

The thing is in my case I don't deal with SharedObject at all.
I don't use SharedObjects in the whole project.

The issue arises because the app is trying to write to the hard drive,
using Zinc's mdm.FileSystem.saveFile() method.
The result is the same of course - the Settings window appears.

Nevertheless I've read again about SharedObject.
I don't think there is a way to stop this window from popping up,
flash player is too strict about security to allow me do this.

Right? If anyone has a solution or workaround it'll be great!

Dimitrios

----- Original Message ----- From: "eric dolecki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 12:43 AM

You should read the documentation for localSharedObject - you'll find many
interesting things. You'll be able to see what the viewer's setting
currently is, etc.

A user may get that dialog the 1st time data is saved for the domain - and
then won't be seen again. I think that is the point of your initial post,
right?

I can't remember if comes up as a default the 1st time or not, but I think
it does just for security reasons.

-e.d.