I've created an application which synchonizes to a database online but is
run locally as an exe. The data is stored as a shared object until it is
synchronized with the database at which point it is removed from the shared
object. The application requires a user to login connected to the internet
at first. After they log in the first time they can login without being
connected to the internet. The username name and password is referenced in
the shared object if not connected. The problem is that on about 3 of the 10
computers it is running on every once and a while the user gets a message
trying to login that they must be connected to the internet. The only reason
this would happen is if they had not logged in initially which they all
have. I had one user tell me he couldn't login offline, closed down a few
programs and then could all of a sudden. Does anyone know why this is
happening? Should there be a check in my code that makes sure the shared
object is being read? I didn't think I had to worry about it if it was being
run locally.

thanks for any input

Jon