You are being far too defensive.  I was not attacking you, I was
attacking lazy coding practices.  I didn't say YOU are a lazy coder, I
said taking advantage of a compiler's shortcoming is lazy coding.

If the compiler required him to call super(), he would have had more
information to figure out what was wrong.  My telling him to call
super() provides information to the relationship of inherited classes.
You saying that the compiler allows you to get away without calling
super() doesn't help him understand his problem nor is it good practice,
especially for somebody who is learning the ropes of OOP.