Jeff Brown wrote:
Wow Duncan, this may solve quite a bit.

It looks even easier than the php->xml->flash method I was looking for.
Although my designer may need to install the Flash Remoting thing.  We've
already started development on the app's php mysql side, but we're a little
ways (re: 8-10 weeks) from needing the flash integration.  I'll have to
devote a bit of time to figure out if this will serve our needs, but it
looks like it will.

If so, then great, but I'm still keeping my options open for the XML. I'm a little worried about network traffic, as this app will need to support 100's
to 1000's of simultaneous users.  That won't be a problem for the XML
scheme.   Don't know yet.

Well, remoting data takes less bandwidth than XML data so if traffic is a primary concern you should definitely consider the remoting option.

It also means you generally need less code in the flash part.

Personally I would always take a remoting solution over XML.

martin.