Type "VOB quicktime" in google, a bunch of stuff came up.

The "best quality" will come from:

VOB -> Quicktime Animation -> FLV

Handbrake would be:

VOB -> .mp4 -> FLV

And some of your other ideas are:

VOB -> MPEG-1 -> FLV

VOB is already compressed MPEG-2, so you want to skip any intermediate
compression step, especially MPEG-1, with it rigid format structure
and wacky audio of its own.