My question can be found in the 2 comments in the code below.  Thanks
for considering:

import mx.services.*;

class Whatever{
        private var target_mc:MovieClip;
        private var button_mc:MovieClip;
        private var proj_ws:WebService;

        public function TestScope(target:MovieClip,
                                    buttonMC:MovieClip,
                                    ws:WebService){
                target_mc = target;
                button_mc = buttonMC;
                proj_ws = ws;
                setActions();
        }

        private function setActions():Void{
                button_mc.webservice = proj_ws;
                button_mc.target = target_mc;
                button_mc.onRelease = function(){
                        var wsResult:Object =
this.webservice.doSomething();
                        wsResult.target = this.target;/*thought I could
attach
                                                           this prop,
guess not.*/
                        wsResult.onResult = function(){
                        /*  I want to do something like

                        this.target.gotoAndPlay("someframe");  here
                        or basically, use the target_mc scope from the
constructor.
                        I tried using Delegate and other options,
couldn't figure out
                        a good option.  Ideas on how to redesign this?
*/

Thanks,

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning & Organization Effectiveness - Technology Solutions