happened to me some time ago but I can't remember exactly what solved it.
It might be one of this things :
   - call redraw(true) before you start working with it
   - before you set the contentPath, wait a few frames to make sure your
scrollpane is fully loaded (use doLater if you can)
   -  I case you use getNextHighestDepth(), don't leave any component on stage
, try and nest them into a movieclip and attach that on a specific depth.

dnk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi there - I am having an issue where I have a
scrollpane component on my stage that
loads and uses an empty movie clip from my library. Now that clip (from the
library) has
a few remoting calls in it that dynamically populate the MovieClip with text
fields,
etc. These text fields are then populated with results from my database. The
scroll pane
is set to "auto" for the vertical scrollbar.

Now my issue is that when the content is loaded, a vertical scroll bar does not
show
even though it should in this case (I know there are many results from the
database).

Now i am pretty sure that my issue is that when my contentPath is set for the
scrollpane, there has not yet been any content created in the MovieClip - hence
no
scrollbar. My data does in fact populate, and all of it is there - but the
scrollbar
just does not show up when it should.

Any ideas?