ok, thats nice to know :)

any known solutions to this?

-Meinte

On 9/12/06, Fumio Nonaka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The useWeakReference parameter of EventDispatcher.addEventListener()
does not seem to work.  Also, the method has a bug, which is that the
event listner function cannot be deleted with the parameter set to true.

Flash 9 ActionScript 3.0 Preview:
"Does useWeakReference parameter of addEventListener() method work?"

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=72&catid=612&threadid=1186643&enterthread=y
_____
Meinte van't Kruis wrote:
> I am using weak references for the listener, here's the code (within
> GCTarget):
>
>            this.addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME
,onFrame,false,0,true);
>            }
>            private function onFrame(e:Event):void{
>                trace("A");
>            }
>
> So I don't think that's it, else it wouldn't really matter if I pass
> arguments or set variables
> or not , because if I don't it does get deleted properly.

Good luck,
--
Fumio Nonaka
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]