Hello,

I am working on a video player at the moment but the netstream object is
giving me a hard time.

I need to make use of the bytesTotal and bytesLoaded values to maintain the
buffering but bytesTotal isn't working at all for me. In IE (6.0) it always
returns -1 untill it's fully buffered and in firefox (1.5) it always returns
the same value as bytesLoaded.

My whole play and buffering code starts after triggering the onMetaData
event so that shouldn't be the problem.

Things I've tried:

- testing on a lan server with or without servicecapture or charles
throttling (just in case one of the programs was causing the problem)
- online server without throttling
- made sure the mime types are correct on the servers IIS config settings.

Have looked around the net and found people with the same problem but I
didn't find a solution.

Anyone who has encountered this problem before and can help me, I'd greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks.

Yves