Hi,

the current setup we use in our company is that we have a core library that holds all of our core-code we reuse all the time, this core is stored and maintained in SVN. This library is imported as a linked library in Eclipse (e.g. its more like an alias/shortcut to the core). Other project specific code gets developed on project level on their respective package level.

If for some reason we need to enhance some of the core-code we do this on the project level (your settings should _ALWAYS_ first look in your local project before looking in the core). This way you can test the enhancements against other older projects or unittests you might have written before committing them back into the core.

The last important step we take is to make a copy of the core into the project folder when we complete developement, this is to make sure that when the core gets updated later on we have a working copy of the core just in case (backward compatibility breaking in an upgrade).

Hope this helps.

cheers,
mario

Quoting Dan Rogers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Flashcoders,

I've been wondering how other flash developers deal with AS2/AS3 class
management on both a project-based and common library level, while
addressing the need to package up source code for a given project to
deliver to a team member or client.

I've used version control before, as well as doing the common classpath
thing for shared classes... but when it's time to deliver the source
code to someone, I would have to go in and hunt for all the classes I
used on a project and copy them to the FLA directory (and recreate the
com.package... structure as well).  Sometimes it seems faster to simply
create the AS files along with the FLA (in a single package), and copy
over utility files as needed.  But then you get into duplicate classes
scattered over multiple projects.

Can anyone provide any insight to a system that works well for them?
For example, does anyone run custom shell scripts (such as rsync) that
sync the current project with the main classpath directory?

Thanks,
-Danro