Hi,

if i remember at an Apollo demo the Adobe people had a waveform
display for sound, by Andre Michell.

http://www.digitalbackcountry.com/images/blog/apollo/apollo_tunes_viz_big.jpg

See the time 23:08 for http://seminars.adobe.acrobat.com/p65594978/

On 9/29/06, Wolfgang Borgon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Danny,
Right, it might not have been clear, but it needs to work through the
browser.

My functional requirements aren't too extreme -- some sort of waveform
display would be nice, but as far as export goes I suppose it could send a
list of times to an external command-line audio editor.  Not sure if that
would work.

I'll look into the Director Xtras.  Haven't seen anything yet, but I'll keep
looking.  If you have any more ideas, please let me know.  You've already
been very helpful.
Thanks

On 9/28/06, Danny Kodicek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Hi,
> > audacity does me fine (http://audacity.sourceforge.net). Why must it
> > be Flash-based? Flash doesn't have any read-write capabilities or LAME
> > codecs for it in the first place.
> >
> > On 9/28/06, Wolfgang Borgon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I've been searching for a flash-based audio editor, enabling
> > simple editing
> > > of audio, (cut/trim/split, and perhaps volume adjust) through
> > the browser.
>
> The key phrase was 'through the browser', I suspect.
>
> It wouldn't be too hard to make such a thing, assuming you don't need to
> export the edited files at the end: if it's just a 'toy' at a
> session-by-session level, then you're just using standard functions of the
> Sound object. If you wanted to add more complex stuff like waveform
> display,
> or the ability to export the data at the end, you're talking something I
> think Flash wouldn't be able to do. Have you considered Director with an
> Xtra? I'm pretty sure there must be something decent out there using the
> Amplitude Xtra or something similar.
>
> Danny

Cheers,
Ray Chuan