>>yeah. But Josh said that files are ok.

Hi Ray.  So I can understand where we are having a disconnect, please
post where Josh said that.

Josh clearly stated, "The problem I'm having now is that the specs I've
been given require that no PDF files be stored on the server, so the PDF
can't physically exist, even in a temp dir for PDF2SWF to hit it".

What do you interpret that to mean?  To me, it does not mean as you
suggested the following scenario, "if a pdf file is created (with PIs
and everything), as long as you have a file lock no one else can open it
while you're using it."

Josh acknowledged he is looking for a stream of a PDF, not a file
(locked or not). So far, there doesn't seem to be a solution to that
anyone has proposed.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning & Organization Effectiveness - Technology Solutions