On 10/1/06, Steve Wolkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Certainly from a developer perspective, Flashcomm seems to be dying."

@Hank - You really should back up an incendiary statement like that with more
proof than a flakey listserv.

Steve,

My statement is not based on a flaky listserve, but the fact that no
one even seemed to notice for such a long time that is the indicator.
The fact that no one has mentioned anything about it here for a month
speaks for itself. There are other indicators of a slightly more
confidential nature that to me reflect this as well.

If flashcom had a thriving developer community then people would have
been screaming here for an alternative. They have not. With the
success of flash video, I am sure FMS is doing fine, but not with the
programming base.

Interestingly, a year or so ago, the flashcomm list was thriving, with
lots of questions and lots of activity. If you look at the activity on
the list, even before the list serve went down, days could go by with
no activity. Personally, I suspect the reason for this is the
elimination of a cheap entry level version. But what do I know. Well
what I do know is that FMS/FCS programming discussion has dried up.
That is a fact.

Regards
Hank