You can control the quantity of the bounce to some extend by using the
last two optional arguments in Elastic. I played with them for a bit,
but couldn't tweak it to the point where it behaves as the animation
you described.

Hope it helps.. Godd luck!

-- code --

import mx.transitions.Tween;
import mx.transitions.easing.Elastic;

var obj = mc;
var time = 0;
var prop = "_x";
var begin = obj[prop];
var end = begin + 400;
var change = end-begin;
var duration = 5;
var fps = 31;
var done = false;

var a = change * 2; // looks like some sort of multiplier on the swing
var p = (duration*fps) * 0.3; // magnetic force (lower = faster)

onEnterFrame = function() {
        if (time < duration*fps) {
                obj[prop] = Elastic.easeOut(time++, begin, change,
duration*fps, a, p);
        } else {
                time = 0;