Dave,

I'm not sure if this is appropriate for your application, but I ran into a
similar problem when creating a project using high-quality panoramic photos.
The way I worked around it was by slicing up my image into 2880 px tiles,
then re-assembling them with actionscript on the stage.

Cheers,
BB

On 10/5/06, Dave Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for your response Micha

> this has to with other things. the 2880 px stuff is related  to one
> single object, you can have as much object of that size as you
> want, as long as you have enough ram.
>> I wanted to create an image object 3500 X 300 pixels which will
>> take  up about 4 Mb - but I can't
> sure you can't. you gave your answer in the above quoted text.
> your  limitation is 2880 px square. and 3500 beats that.

No I didn't give the answer. I can understand why 2880 X 2880 might
be considered excessively big, but to have 2880 pixels as a limit for
a single dimension is silly - unless there is some other reson I
don't yet understand. And if another reason exists, then I want to
understand what it is.
For example, if I have an image object 2881 X 10 pixels, that would
be only about 280 kb. Why can't I create such an object?

I don't want to scale my image up because I  know it will degrade.

Thanks

David