-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matthias
Dittgen
Sent: Freitag, 6. Oktober 2006 13:10
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] geometry // oval around text

Hello Andreas,

your CatmullRomSpline is really impressive, but it draws not a real ellipse.
If it would, this code should produce a circle, right? var points:Array =
new Array(
        {x: 0, y:  0},
        {x: 0, y: 50},
        {x:50, y: 50},
        {x:50, y:  0},
        {x: 0, y:  0});
var spline:CatmullRomSpline = new CatmullRomSpline(points);
var approxLineLength:Number = 3;
spline.plotAll(mc, approxLineLength);

How is the bend of the curve defined?
Matthias