I looked for any rules against posting a job offer and there doesn't seem to be any, so I'm putting one up. Please let me know if I was wrong to do so.

My company has an opening for a game designer job, but not just any designer job, so please read the description carefully before you send in your resume. If you want to make FPS, massive AAA CGI titles, or action games aimed at the coveted male 18-X demo, this job is not for you.

Lead Technical Designer

We're looking for an adventurous, motivated individual interested in creating games targeting the passionate demographic of teenage girls. You will be involved in every technical aspect of development from initial game design to implementation of game code. As the company grows, your influence on and contribution to future projects will expand, as well. We want someone looking to innovate with an eye towards what our target demographic wants; who is willing to think beyond conventional game models.

Skills (Required):
* Must have professional experience working with Macromedia Flash and Actionscript
* Expertise in C/C++ and/or Java
* Good leadership and communication skills
* Experience with the complete life cycle of software development

Skills (Optional):
* College degree not necessary but a plus
* Proficiency in Adobe programs such as Photoshop & Illustrator a strong plus
* Experience with professional online games
* Experience writing design documents
* Game engine development experience
* Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment

Responsibilities:
*Oversee and execute the full life-cycle of projects, including technical design, task estimation, implementation, debugging, and deployment
* Work with the Editorial Designer, artists, and writers
* Provide mentorship and guidance to less senior staff members and freelancers
* Contribute innovative solutions for all aspects of game production and
development

Required:
* A home computer
* The ability to work from home
* The ability to commute to meetings in the Los Angeles, CA area

Resumes can be sent to:

jobs (atsymbol) gomedia-ent.com