Hi,

I think this has been pretty much said, but after having recently explored AS editor options I'd like to give my take.

First, your needs are going to be based on how you work. I do a lot of scripting but I also mix in some hand animations and other frame based stuff.

I'm not developing apps.

My primary objective for using an external editor is to keep organized. That means smart Code folding. Second I want code validation. third, I want to compile from the editor. Maybe all of the following are capable, but only one was intuitive and made it easy to accomplish these objectives. I mean, within minutes.

Scite: Ok but I was frustrated that I couldn't just click to close an open file. no right click either? You have to go to the top level menu. Code folding was good. Coudn't find code validation. Couldn't compile. Maybe it was all there, but not intuitive. I dumped it.

Primal Script. Not great code folding. It wouldn't save folds. I asked in the forums. no solution. Plus of course it costs a few bucks. I dumped it right there.

Eclispe/FDT. What a mess to configure. It may be as powerful as everyone says, but it's pretty much worthless for my needs. And frankly, I suspect my needs are more typical of the average flasher. There are a lot of sophisticated programers on this list, god bless you all, but I don't think they represent your average flasher. To much work. To much time wasted setting it up. Dumped it. $$ (which btw, if something is worth it, I be glad to shell out).

Dreamweaver.  won't save code folding.  stopped trying it right there.

Sepy. I'm happy with Sepy. Simple. Problem solved. Set up and continued doing my work in minutes.

Kurt

At 05:53 AM 10/17/2006, you wrote:

>>Oh man you're in for a treat.

I've been using FlashDevelop for ages as an AS2 editor and wouldn't be
without it now, but after following this thread I am trying to setup a
project (something I have never done) and compile with MTASC...

Got this working fine, retrofitting an old project(about to be
redeveloped) following this tutorial...
http://www.smithaaronlee.net/archives/111
http://www.smithaaronlee.net/archives/113

But now need to get the following errors in the compiler

Warning : package com.Data not found
Warning : package com.UserInterface not found
Warning : package com.Utils not found

Warning : The MovieClip InfoScreen needs the class
UserInterface.InfoScreen which was not compiled :
Please force compilation of this class by adding it to the commandline.

I have setup com.Data etc in the IncludePackages Array, but clearly this
is incorrect.

What do I put in the IncludePackages Array?
How do I force compilation of each class by adding it to the
commandline?

TIA,

Michael